In this blog post, you will learn blogger SEO settings basic to advance that help you to boost your blog rank in search engines.
So if you are using blogger.com, this post helps you to do all SEO settings that you must do if you want to rank your blog on google or any search engine.
Also, if you just started a blog on blogger then read this post till the end. You will learn every blogger SEO setting that you need to do if you want to rank your blog on SERP.
So let's straight to the topic,
Blogger Basic SEO Settings
Blog Title And Description
Blog title and description will tell readers about your blog like what they found on your blog and what you are writing on your blog.
Blog Title: Write blog title under 60 words it's great in term of SEO (Your Blog Title + Tagline)
How To Write Blog Title
- Login To Your Blogger Dashboard and Go to Settings Section
- Here First Option is title click on that.
- Write your blog title here and click on the Save button
Now we're done with the blog title. Let's move forward and write the blog description.
Blog Description: Blog description is the sneak peek of your blog, which gives an idea to readers about your blog. If you don't know how to write the best blog description then must read How to write best eye-catchy blog description
How to write blog Description
- After Writing Title You will see an option just below the title to write a description
- Write Your Blog Description Here. Write Blog Description Under 160 Words.
That's for blog title and description.
Https is good for your blog security if you disable https redirection then readers see a msg (Not Secure) just before your URL.
It affects the ranking of your blog, and also people always want to use a secure blog if your blog is not secure most of the visitors' back out from your blog.
So, Always enable https redirection on your blog.
Enable Meta Description
This is the hidden description of your blog (only search engine crawlers see this description) that help search engine crawlers to understand your blog.
So, Enable it otherwise google or other search engines never know about your blog.
How to enable meta description
- You will get a meta tags option in the Setting section of blogger.
- Write your meta description here.
Enable Custom Robots.txt
Robots.txt is a text file in that you can write which directories, web pages, or links should not be included for search results. You can restrict search engine bots to crawl links or directories that you don't want to show on search engines.
How to enable custom robots.txt
- Go to setting section here you will get crawler and indexing option
- Click on enable button here
- Now fill the below file in the custom robots.txt section.
Note: Write Custom Robots.txt file carefully if you do it wrong your blog will not index in search engine
Here you can choose the indexing format of the homepage, Search Pages, Post and Pages.
Blogger Custom robots header tags settings
- Tags setting for homepage
- Tags setting for archive and search pages
- Tags setting for post and pages
Search Engine Visibility
After doing the above setting, make sure your blog is visible on search engines.
How to enable search engine visibility
- Go to setting section in blogger dashboard
- Now scroll down and go to the Privacy section and enable search engine visibility
Now we have done the basic SEO setting of Blogspot. Before moving forward, make sure you have done all the above settings.
Let's Start blogger advance SEO setting.
Blogger Advance SEO Settings
After completing Basic settings of Blogspot, it's time to do some advance SEO settings that boost your blog ranking in Google or any other search engine.
Add Custom Domain Name
When you start a blog on blogger.com, you will get your domain with blogger.com subdomain name (ex. yourblog.blogger.com), but it's not SEO friendly and also not looks professional.
So I will suggest you get your custom domain. It's good for branding and also for SEO.
Also if you want to get a .com domain then read get .com in less than $2 from Godaddy.
How to add custom domain in Blogspot
- Login to blogger.com dashboard
- Go to setting section and here you will find custom domain option click on that
- Enter your domain name here and click on save button
- Now you see a msg to verify your domain name.
- To verify your domain login to your domain registrar account and go to the DNS section.
- Here add Cname that provided by blogger.
- Now click on the Save button
- Again come to blogger and click on save button
- Your custom domain will be connected with blogger.com within 1-2 hours
Submit Site In Search Console
To index your blog in search engines, you need to submit your blog to the search console. Here I will show you how to submit site in google search console
Steps to submit site in google search console
- Go to search console and login with your Gmail account
- Enter your blog URL here and click on submit button
- Here you will get HTML code that you need to paste on your blog. Copy that code.
- To paste that code on your blog login to blogger.com dashboard and go to the theme section
- Here click on three dots.
- Now click on edit HTML
- Here paste that code just after <head>
- Now go to the search console and click on the verify button.
Submit Sitemap to Search Console
The sitemap is a file where website files data mentioned, and google and other search engines crawl sitemap to get information about your website post, pages and other data.
Steps to submit the sitemap
- Log in to search console
- Click on the sitemap option.
- Here enter your sitemap and click on submit.
- Now your sitemap submitted successfully
Permalink is the URL of your blog post and pages. Default permalink of the blogger is very long, and it's not right in terms of SEO. So we need to set up a short and SEO friendly permalink.
Steps to setup permalink
- Go to Post Section
- Here click on the plus icon in the right down corner
- When you write the post, you will get a permalink option on the right side
- Here you need to choose a custom permalink option and enter the permalink that you want.
Index Blog Post Fast
The indexing blog post is an essential part. If you publish a post and leave it, then it will take a while to index your blog post in the search engine. So manual indexing is the best way to index your blog post immediately after publishing.
How to do manual indexing
- Log in to search console
- Click on URL inspection
- Now paste here the link that you want to index and press enter.
- Now click on request indexing.
- Now your request to index that URL is submitted, and your URL will be indexed in only 2-4 minutes only
Bonus SEO Tips You Should Follow
- Never Copy Other bloggers content
- Write Catchy Titles And Description
- Never Overload Your Tags, Labels
- Use Word In Your Titles ex, Top 10. Top 5, 2020
- Use Images With Proper Alt Tag & Videos In Your Post
- Use H1 H2 H3 H4 In Post
- Use Simple Template To Understand Your Website To Crawler
FAQ - Blogger SEO Settings
Is Blogger Completely Free?
Yes blogger.com is an entirely free platform to start a blog, But you can't get a free custom domain with blogger.com they just give you a domain with their subdomain (ex. yourdomain.blogger.com)
Is blogger still popular?
Yes, blogger.com is a top-rated platform, and still, many bloggers are using blogger.com to build a successful blog. Also, most of the newbies are starting with blogger.com because it's a free platform.
Is blogger SEO friendly?
Of course, blogger.com is SEO friendly. It's a product of google so no doubt it is entirely SEO friendly and many successful blogs running on blogger.
Is Backlinks Good For SEO?
Backlinks are an essential part of SEO. If you want to rank on SERP, then you have to make backlinks. There are many types of backlinks. Some of them Backlinks are good, and Some are bad. It depends on which type of backlinks you are making.
Now It's Your Turn
I told you every single blogger SEO setting that helps you to rank your blog. If you still have any questions, ask me in the comment section also If you find this article help me let me know in the comment section.
Now you need to do one thing: share this article on your social media and help every newbie who wants to start blogging and wants to learn about blogger SEO settings.